AKT Code Of Conduct
Code Of Conduct & School Rules
We believe that drama is fun and we do our best to keep a happy, friendly and safe atmosphere but we also know that to become an actor a certain amount of discipline is needed in and out of the lessons and all children are expected to be polite and respectful to all around them.
We will introduce students to our code of conduct and ensure all students understand why each point is important and what consequences will happen should they break this code:
- Respect other people
- Respect other people's work
- Listen when other people are speaking
- Share our ideas
- Co-operate with our group
- Concentrate on our work
- Always try our best
- Respect the workspace
We will always work to resolve any issues and we usually find that a timeout and a talk are enough to address most minor incidents. However certain forms of behaviour will not be tolerated under any circumstances: bullying and unkind teasing, swearing, fighting, stealing or vandalism. We must also ensure the safety of both students and staff. Any major infractions to the code of conduct may result in the exclusion of a student and we will not refund any fees in such cases.
- Students are only allowed in the designated teaching spaces. Students are not allowed in areas marked for staff only.
- All Students must sign in and out of the building.
- Children under 12 must have nominated adults to collect them.
- Food or drink (except water) is not to be consumed in the drama/working spaces.
- No chewing or bubble gum at any time please.
- Students should wear loose comfortable clothing and flat soled shoes (trainers) so that they are free to move about. Movement sessions may involve some floor work so please do not come dressed in your 'best' gear. Also, please do not wear excessive or large items of jewellery or large buckled or studded belts etc as these are a potential safety issues.
- Mobile phones must be switched off during classes.
- Please do not bring valuable items to the school as we cannot be responsible should they be lost, stolen or damaged.
- Always be aware of other student's safety during active drama sessions - never push, punch, hit, strike out at another student.
- Accidents or breakages must be reported immediately.
- Students must NEVER interfere with equipment particularly electrical or large scenery.
- Students must never sit, stand, climb, or jump off, chairs, tables or benches without supervision.
- Please note that although we would see the following as highly unusual for AKT students our standard school policy on smoking, alcohol and drugs still applies. No alcohol is to be brought into or consumed on school property, smoking is not allowed in the building and we will inform the police and immediately exclude anyone found in possession of, or using, any illegal drugs. This policy is for the health and safety of all persons using our buildings.
Breaking The Rules
Minor infractions of the Code of Conduct or School Rules will result in a verbal warning. Major infractions will result in a written warning and/or possible exclusion. A second written warning will usually recommend that that student leaves AKT (exclusion). If the school deems it necessary it may ask a student to leave (exclusion) without prior written or verbal warnings.
Students attend classes at the schools discretion and the school reserves the right to exclude and/or expel students from AKT if they are unable to adhere to our Code of Conduct.